El Pasha Street
The building was built in 1911 by French architect Fernand-Michel Guesnier. It initially includes fifteen classrooms, a refectory, a sewing room, a kitchen, an office, a home for the director of the institution and a large courtyard. The school is intended for young girls coming mainly from the Tunisian bourgeoisie. The establishment replaces a first school of girls, the Louise-René-Millet school, named after the wife of the resident of FranceRené Millet. This school was established in 1900 and was located at number 9 El Monastiri Street. The school was transformed into a college in 1945, then in high school girls and finally mixed school in the early 1990s.